Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
The popular party of prime minister Boyko Borisov manages to keep and to even increase its lead ahead of the formerly ruling Socialists following their crushing defeat at July 5 general elections, a brand new survey shows.
The self-proclaimed centre-right GERB party, which swept a landslide victory, has made Bulgarians pin their hopes on the government that they quickly formed, led by Boyko Borisov, says a survey of Gallup polling agency.
Approval rates for GERB party have increased by 6,6% since the elections at the beginning of July, when it garnered the support of 39,7% of the voters in Bulgaria.
Meanwhile the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), which led the previous government and was ousted after the summer elections, sees its support slump by 3,9% down to 13,8%.
The survey has been conducted among nearly 1000 respondents.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections
- » Observers: Bulgaria Parties Are Wrong Spending Money on Commercials