Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
The Bulgarian central prosecutor's office has announced that the most serious violations have been found in the Turkish polls from the Bulgarian Parliament Elections on July 5.
The Prosecutor's office is investigating all foreign polls but stated that it had only found double voting violation in Turkey. This involves Bulgarian citizens voting twice both in Bulgaria and Turkey.
The prosecutor's check up was ordered last week by the Foreign Affairs Minister, Rumiana Jeleva.
Among the violations are changes in the electoral protocols with the results, and wrongly issued applications for opening of voting sections.
There are cases in which members of commissions have corrected and filled in additional data in the final electoral protocols, initial investigation reports stated.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections
- » Observers: Bulgaria Parties Are Wrong Spending Money on Commercials