Mud Fight during Eco-Fest in Bulgaria Black Sea Town Pomorie
The annual eco-festival, "The Magic of the Pomorie Lake", is taking place over the weekend in the Bulgarian Black Sea resort of Pomorie.
The annual environmental event celebrating the features of the Pomorie Lake, which is a lagoon off the Black Sea with an area of about 8 square kilometers.
The festival is organized by the Zeleni Balkani (Green Balkans) NGO, and is sponsored by the World Bank and the Embassy of the Netherlands to Bulgaria. It was opened by the new Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria, Karel C. van Kesteren, and Miss Bulgaria 2009, Antonia Petrova.
The main aim of the event is to raise awareness about the uniqueness of the Pomorie Lake and to help for its preservation. The lagoon is a point on the Via Pontica route of migrating birds, and birdwatching activities are one of the key points of the festival.
The 2009 edition of the event also emphasized the medical qualities of the Pomorie Lake mud, which is said to be able to heal bone and muscle illnesses.
In order to do that, the eco-fest also included a mud fight, in which a number of young people took part, including Miss Bulgaria 2009, Antonia Petrova.
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » Fourth Quarter in the Capital Protests Against the Air Pollution
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 13-18°C
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C