Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections
An inspection by the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has found serious violations in the foreign sections during the Parliament Elections on July 5.
The check up had been ordered by the Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva.
All the data has already been filed in the Prosecutor's office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported.
Among the violations are changes in the electoral protocols with the results, and wrongly issued applications for opening of voting sections.
There are cases in which members of commissions have corrected and filled in additional data in the final electoral protocols.
"In some sections, members of commission even tried to put marks on international passport, probably aiming to count votes and present the result to third parties", the inspection results said.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Observers: Bulgaria Parties Are Wrong Spending Money on Commercials