Bulgaria Capital Sofia, City of Vratsa Elect Mayors November 15
Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov has set November 15, 2009, as the date of the partial local elections in Sofia and in the northwest city of Vratsa.
Sofia and Vratsa will have to elect new mayors as the already Sofia Mayor, Boyko Borisov, became Prime Minister in July, and appointed the former Vratsa Mayor, Totyu Mladenov, the Labor Minister in his government of the GERB party.
The new later date is a surprise since the elections in Sofia were expected to take place on October 24 - the date when two Sofia Districts are voting for mayors. The Ilinden District in Sofia is electing a mayor after the previously elected mayor, Rumyana Doychinova was removed over administrative violations. The village of Balsha, Novi Iskar District, Sofia, is also holding local elections on October 24.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections