Bulgaria's Second-Hand Cars Market Shattered by Crisis
The economic crisis has led to the drastic fall of prices of second-hand cars in Bulgaria.
The prices of some model have dropped 4 times, and the average profit per car has declined from EUR 2 000 to EUR 500, according to a report of the BTA.
Second-hand car traders have complained that they were forced to make all sorts of discounts, and that customers had even suggested leasing agreements.
A trader importing second-hand cars from Germany is quoted as saying that the prices of second-hand cars would continue to fall since the number of the likely buyers was actually smaller than the number of the cars being imported.
Most of the second-hand cars in Bulgaria come from Germany and Italy. The ones from Germany are the object of the highest demand since they are known for their good maintenance. The Italian-imported second-hand cars are about EUR 200-300 cheaper.
- » Bulgaria PM, Azerbaijan President 'to Unblock Nabucco Project'
- » 4000 Workers Go on Strike in one of Bulgaria's Biggest Plants
- » Bulgaria Regrets Russia’s Decision to Quit South Stream - Ambassador
- » Bulgarian Ambassador Vows Visa Simplification for Russian Tourists in 2015
- » Gazprom Approves Capital Increase of South Stream Transport B.V.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria to Open Eurobond Sales Roadshow on 16 March