Four New MPs Enter Bulgaria Parliament
Four new members of parliament on the ticket of the center-right GERB party were sworn in Wednesday to replace those who made their way into Bulgaria's new cabinet.
The Director of Bulgaria's National History Museum Bozhidar Dimitrov, who was elected MP as a majority candidate in the coastal town of Burgas, was replaced by the next candidate on the party ticket Vyara Dimitrova Petrova.
Tsveta Valcheva Karayancheva became member of parliament to replace Vezhdi Rashidov, who was picked for Culture Minister.
Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov, who made it to parliament on the election ticket of GERB in the town of Vratsa, makes it possible for Yanko Zdravkov to become an MP.
Stefani Mihaylova took the MP place of Yordanka Fandakova, who led GERB's ticket in the 24th district in Sofia and has now entered the new government as Education Minister.
Tsvetan Tsvetanov, chairman of GERB since the party was established in 2006, who was elected member of parliament as majority candidate in the northern town of Veliko Tarnovo and has been announced as the new Interior Minister, was to be replaced by Lyudmil Getsov. Getsov however has given up the post.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections