WHO IS WHO: Bulgaria's New Education Minister Yordanka Fandakova
Fandakova is was born in the southwest town of Samokov in 1964. She graduated from the Russian language high school in Sofia, and later obtained a degree in Russian language from Sofia University.
In 1985-1998, she was a teacher at the 73rd high school in Sofia, "Vladislav Gramatik"
In 1998-2005, she was the principal of the same school.
In 2005, after the election of Boyko Borisov as Sofia Mayor, Fandakova became Deputy Mayor of Sofia in charge of education and youth.
PUBLIC SERVICE RECORD
1998-2005 - Principal of 73rd High School in Sofia
2005-2009 - Deputy Mayor of Sofia in charge of Education and Youth
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections