Iceland Submits Application to Join EU
Iceland submitted Friday its formal application to become a member of the European Union.
The Iceland Ambassador in Stockholm deposited the country's application with the Swedish EU Presidency at the Foreign Ministry of Sweden, the BGNES news agency reported.
At the same time, the permanent representative of Iceland in the EU presented the country's application to the European Commission in Brussels.
Iceland submitted its application to join the EU only a day after its Parliament voted by a narrow majority in favor of this move.
- » EU Monitoring of Bulgarian Prosecution Postponed for Several Weeks
- » European Monitoring of Bulgarian Prosecution to Begin on Monday
- » DW: Bulgarian Prime Minister Is Brussels' 'Golden Boy'
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award
- » Bulgaria IntMin Reports 30 % Drop in Number of Illegal Migrants in 2016
- » Bulgaria to Have 146-km Wire Fence along Border with Turkey in 2 Months