Iceland Submits Application to Join EU
Iceland submitted Friday its formal application to become a member of the European Union.
The Iceland Ambassador in Stockholm deposited the country's application with the Swedish EU Presidency at the Foreign Ministry of Sweden, the BGNES news agency reported.
At the same time, the permanent representative of Iceland in the EU presented the country's application to the European Commission in Brussels.
Iceland submitted its application to join the EU only a day after its Parliament voted by a narrow majority in favor of this move.
- » Bulgaria’s Ilian Vassilev Put on Russia’s Travel Ban List
- » EU Commission Asks Bulgaria to Implement Bank Recovery, Resolution Directive
- » Visit of EU Regional Policy Commissioner to Bulgaria Postponed to June
- » EU Commission Approves Bulgaria's Rural Development Programme
- » Eurostars Representatives to Present to Bulgarian SMEs Opportunities for Accessing Grants
- » Bulgaria, Croatia Unanimous on Need of Western Balkans' Integration into EU