Iceland Submits Application to Join EU
Iceland submitted Friday its formal application to become a member of the European Union.
The Iceland Ambassador in Stockholm deposited the country's application with the Swedish EU Presidency at the Foreign Ministry of Sweden, the BGNES news agency reported.
At the same time, the permanent representative of Iceland in the EU presented the country's application to the European Commission in Brussels.
Iceland submitted its application to join the EU only a day after its Parliament voted by a narrow majority in favor of this move.
- » Justice Minister Expects Negative EC Report on Judiciary
- » EU Commission to Go On with CVM Reports on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Romania Could Outpace Bulgaria in Schengen Accession - Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Runs Huge Risk of Losing EU Funds - Deputy PM
- » European Commission OKs 39 New Operational Programs, None of Them Bulgarian
- » Bulgaria to Seek Long-Term Loan for 240-km Section of Hemus Motorway