Iceland Submits Application to Join EU
Iceland submitted Friday its formal application to become a member of the European Union.
The Iceland Ambassador in Stockholm deposited the country's application with the Swedish EU Presidency at the Foreign Ministry of Sweden, the BGNES news agency reported.
At the same time, the permanent representative of Iceland in the EU presented the country's application to the European Commission in Brussels.
Iceland submitted its application to join the EU only a day after its Parliament voted by a narrow majority in favor of this move.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone