Iceland Submits Application to Join EU
Iceland submitted Friday its formal application to become a member of the European Union.
The Iceland Ambassador in Stockholm deposited the country's application with the Swedish EU Presidency at the Foreign Ministry of Sweden, the BGNES news agency reported.
At the same time, the permanent representative of Iceland in the EU presented the country's application to the European Commission in Brussels.
Iceland submitted its application to join the EU only a day after its Parliament voted by a narrow majority in favor of this move.
- » Bulgaria Only Took In 6 Migrants from Greece Since September
- » Bulgaria To Pay First BGN 3.4 M Installment For Refugees in Turkey
- » EUR 160 M in Financial Assistance For Bulgaria Matter Of Days
- » European Deputy Mariya Gabriel Recognised As One of 25 Most Influential Deputies
- » Non-Schengen EU Members to Meet in Warsaw
- » Bulgaria PM Urges Commitment to EU-Turkey Migrant Deal, Hotspots Outside Europe