Legendary 108-Year-Old Yoga Teacher Visits Bulgaria
The legendary 108-year old yoga teacher Swami Dev Murti is again in Bulgaria after last visiting 40 years ago.
Murti stated, "Hello, my dear yoga family. I am very happy that after 40 years there is still such an interest in yoga. Last time I was in Bulgaria I was very surprised when I had the chance to meet a 127-year-old vegetarian woman."
"You Bulgarians have to think about yourselves, for your blood and your body - both of which have to be beautiful. I want to be here with you all - to help, to do yoga exercises and for the children be vegetarian and healthy," concluded Murti, cited by Darik Radio.
Maharishi Swami Dev Murti started practicing yoga at the age of three. The great Himalayan yoga masters used to take 5-year-old Murti to the Himalaya caves and there they tought him the secrets of yoga.
Matiji Maharaj, Maharishi Swami Dev Murti's teacher (who lived to roughly 140-years-old) sent him out of India in 1958 to spread the science of yoga all over the world. He set out on foot to Europe.
Having studied the needs of the modern men he created a special system of exercices for the spine which allegedly gives results after only 7 minutes of daily practice.
Murti has also allegedly pulled a 20 ton truck with his teeth, stopped 4 cars from driving with one hand, lay under a train which passed over his chest... and healed people from various deseases. He was also Indira Ghandi's and Jawaharlal Nehru's teacher.
- » Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
- » Sofia Airport Terminal 1 Evacuated over Suspected Bomb Threat
- » Christmas Tree Lights in Sofia to be Illuminated on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest