Bulgaria Cherry Orchard Guard Killed with Hoe Handles
The 46-year-old guard of a cherry orchard in the Bulgarian village of Shishkovtsi was murdered by hoe handles.
After seven Roma were detained Saturday, the Kyustendil police is still looking for another perpetrator, Darik Radio reported.
The Kyustendil District Prosecutor, Kameliya Stefanova, said all seven detainees were from the Roma Quarter "Iztok" in the city of Kyustendil.
The suspects will be detained for 72 hours, and that a decision for their permanent detention will be taken by the court on Monday. The seven are suspected of an intentional murder and the severe beating of two other guards.
The Roma raid against the cherry orchard and the murder of one of its guards led the population of the region to demand extra security measures, threatening to defend itself with any means possible if the authorities failed to take action.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna