Bulgaria Cherry Orchard Guard Killed with Hoe Handles
The 46-year-old guard of a cherry orchard in the Bulgarian village of Shishkovtsi was murdered by hoe handles.
After seven Roma were detained Saturday, the Kyustendil police is still looking for another perpetrator, Darik Radio reported.
The Kyustendil District Prosecutor, Kameliya Stefanova, said all seven detainees were from the Roma Quarter "Iztok" in the city of Kyustendil.
The suspects will be detained for 72 hours, and that a decision for their permanent detention will be taken by the court on Monday. The seven are suspected of an intentional murder and the severe beating of two other guards.
The Roma raid against the cherry orchard and the murder of one of its guards led the population of the region to demand extra security measures, threatening to defend itself with any means possible if the authorities failed to take action.
- » 4 Charged with Women Trafficking to Greece and Germany
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany