Bulgaria Cherry Orchard Guard Killed with Hoe Handles
The 46-year-old guard of a cherry orchard in the Bulgarian village of Shishkovtsi was murdered by hoe handles.
After seven Roma were detained Saturday, the Kyustendil police is still looking for another perpetrator, Darik Radio reported.
The Kyustendil District Prosecutor, Kameliya Stefanova, said all seven detainees were from the Roma Quarter "Iztok" in the city of Kyustendil.
The suspects will be detained for 72 hours, and that a decision for their permanent detention will be taken by the court on Monday. The seven are suspected of an intentional murder and the severe beating of two other guards.
The Roma raid against the cherry orchard and the murder of one of its guards led the population of the region to demand extra security measures, threatening to defend itself with any means possible if the authorities failed to take action.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan