Bulgaria with 38% Voter Turnout in 2009 European Elections - Exit Poll
The latest exit poll of the Sova Harris Agency shows that 38% Bulgaria's eligible voters cast their votes in the 2009 European Elections.
The exit poll forecasts the final results as follows: 24,68% for the GERB party of Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov; 18,30% for the Socialist-led Coalition for Bulgaria; 15,55% for the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS); 11,64% for the far-right Ataka party; 7,81% for the rightist Blue Coalition; 7,61% for the NMSP of former Tsar Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
The LIDER party of energy tycoon Hristo Kovachki remains under the 5,88% threshold yet still very close to it, according to the exit poll - 5,17%. The Order, Law, Justice party of MP Yane Yanev remained 8th with 4,72%.
Thus, the Sova Harris exit poll confirms the number of MEP seats as follows: GERB - 5, BSP - 4, DPS - 3, Ataka - 2, Blue Coalition - 2, NSMP - 1.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections