Bulgaria Football Legend Stoichkov Asked to Become Politician
Bulgaria football star Hristo Stoichkov has allegedly been approached by Bulgaria's main opposition party GERB to become an MP in the upcoming general elections.
Sofia Mayor and leader of GERB, Boyko Borisov, has allegedly asked Stoichkov personally to become a GERB candidate, Bulgarian daily newspaper Trud reported Thursday. However, Stoichkov has not yet confirmed an interest in the proposal.
Stoichkov stated; "Yes, I have spoken with Boyko Borisov, with president Georgi Parvanov, with Nadezhda Mihailova, Zhelyu Zhelev, Peter Stoyanov, Daniel Valchev and all my friends in politics. What the topics were is my own business."
It was revealed that the FIFA World Cup 94 top scorer and ex-Barcelona star will head to Iran where he has been named coach of Iranian team Abu Moslem, the club said in a statement on May 13.
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » No EU Consensus for North Stream 2
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act