Bulgaria Football Legend Stoichkov Asked to Become Politician
Bulgaria football star Hristo Stoichkov has allegedly been approached by Bulgaria's main opposition party GERB to become an MP in the upcoming general elections.
Sofia Mayor and leader of GERB, Boyko Borisov, has allegedly asked Stoichkov personally to become a GERB candidate, Bulgarian daily newspaper Trud reported Thursday. However, Stoichkov has not yet confirmed an interest in the proposal.
Stoichkov stated; "Yes, I have spoken with Boyko Borisov, with president Georgi Parvanov, with Nadezhda Mihailova, Zhelyu Zhelev, Peter Stoyanov, Daniel Valchev and all my friends in politics. What the topics were is my own business."
It was revealed that the FIFA World Cup 94 top scorer and ex-Barcelona star will head to Iran where he has been named coach of Iranian team Abu Moslem, the club said in a statement on May 13.
- » One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Fiasco and Hope After Bulgarian Government Resignation - Der Standard
- » President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate