Bulgarian Actor Petar Slabakov Dies at 86
Petar Slabakov, one of Bulgaria's most prominent actors and fighters for democracy, passed away on May 17, his relatives announced. He was 86.
The funeral will take place on May 19 at Sveti Sedmochislenitsi church in Sofia.
Slabakov was one of the most prolific, talented and loved actors in Bulgaria, having appeared in 85 films since 1960, among which Investigation (2006), Torrid Noon (1965), Captive Flock (1962), Tobacco (1962).
Right after the fall of the communist regime in 1989, he was elected member of the VII Grand National Assembly on the ballot of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces. Slabakov served as MP again from 1995 to 1997 as part of the parliamentary group of the green and emblematic for the democratic changes in Bulgaria Ekoglasnost party.
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian TV Journalist Dimitar Tsonev Dies at 56
- » Legendary Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali Dies Aged 74
- » Dutch Football Legend Johan Cruyff Dies of Cancer Aged 68
- » Former Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Yordan Sokolov Dies Aged 83
- » Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93