Bulgarian Actor Petar Slabakov Dies at 86
Petar Slabakov, one of Bulgaria's most prominent actors and fighters for democracy, passed away on May 17, his relatives announced. He was 86.
The funeral will take place on May 19 at Sveti Sedmochislenitsi church in Sofia.
Slabakov was one of the most prolific, talented and loved actors in Bulgaria, having appeared in 85 films since 1960, among which Investigation (2006), Torrid Noon (1965), Captive Flock (1962), Tobacco (1962).
Right after the fall of the communist regime in 1989, he was elected member of the VII Grand National Assembly on the ballot of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces. Slabakov served as MP again from 1995 to 1997 as part of the parliamentary group of the green and emblematic for the democratic changes in Bulgaria Ekoglasnost party.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76