Bulgarian Actor Petar Slabakov Dies at 86
Petar Slabakov, one of Bulgaria's most prominent actors and fighters for democracy, passed away on May 17, his relatives announced. He was 86.
The funeral will take place on May 19 at Sveti Sedmochislenitsi church in Sofia.
Slabakov was one of the most prolific, talented and loved actors in Bulgaria, having appeared in 85 films since 1960, among which Investigation (2006), Torrid Noon (1965), Captive Flock (1962), Tobacco (1962).
Right after the fall of the communist regime in 1989, he was elected member of the VII Grand National Assembly on the ballot of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces. Slabakov served as MP again from 1995 to 1997 as part of the parliamentary group of the green and emblematic for the democratic changes in Bulgaria Ekoglasnost party.
- » Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
- » Blues Legend BB King Dies Aged 89
- » Bulgaria's Former Vice President Atanas Semerdzhiev Dies at 90
- » Georgi Petkanov, Former Minister of Interior, Justice, Dies at 67
- » German Writer Günter Grass Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgarian Last King's Eldest Son Passes Away