Bulgaria Police Bust Large-Scale Illegal Betting Scheme
The Bulgarian police has arrested 30 persons all across the country involved in an illegal betting scheme with a turnover of over BGN 5 M.
More that 120 police officers including officers from the Unit for Combating Organized Crime took part in the special operation in Southeast Bulgaria, Central Northern Bulgaria, and in Sofia.
Apart from organizing the illegal betting based on the scores of football matches, the organized crime group in question was also involved in racketeering.
For their betting scheme, the group used foreign betting websites, and part of their profit came from foreign bookmakers.
Some of the arrested persons were closely connected with certain Bulgarian football clubs.
During Friday's special operation, the police seized BGN 326 110, EUR 15 800, USD 20 100, 20 computers, 37 mobile phones, a car, firm and banking contracts, gold, jewelry, and several doses of cocaine.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria