Bulgaria PM First Eastern EU Leader to Endorse Barroso for Second Term
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, Sergey Stanishev, vowed Friday his unwavering support for Jose Manuel Barroso's second mandate as EC President.
Stanishev spoke during the Sofia Energy Forum, expressing his deep satisfaction from Barroso's help and collaboration for the final preparations for the event.
The PM further stated that he had informed the European Commission's (EC) President about the progress in the reforms in the country, voicing his hopes the constructive dialogue will continue well after the end of the current EU parliamentary session.
Stanishev said he discussed with Barroso additional compensation for the now closed Units 3 and 4 of the Nuclear Power Plant "Kozloduy" and thanked him for his understanding.
The PM gave numerous accolades to the EC Chair and expressed hope he would remain at his post after the European parliamentary elections in the summer.
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'
- » Bulgaria’s Head of State Held Talks with the President of Azerbaijan
- » From January 1, 2018, there is going to be a Direct Flight Connection between Sofia and Baku
- » Head of State Rumen Radev is on an Official Visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan
Bai Ganio once wrote in a letter to editor accusing him he was in opposition
'And if it comes to flatter someone, I will beat you in this too - if you kiss the hands I will kiss the feet, if you kiss other place I will kiss yet another place - abe ti s mene li ste se merish be mekere!' So does Stanishev.
Barroso is one of the most uncapable EC presidents who achieved nothing so far, has no idea what to do with countries like BG and Romania, was not able to bring important EU projects to an end - not only political but also technological, was not able to reform the commission under the new circumstances. Normally he must go.