Adolf Hitler Paintings Sold for EUR 100 000
The UK Mullock's Art Auctioneers sold Wednesday a series of watercolors thought to be painted by Adolf Hitler for over EUR 100 000.
The 13 works were mostly landscapes and were found earlier in 2009 in a garage. Several of the paintings, which are mainly landscapes, are signed "A. Hitler" in the corner.
A work that appears to be a self-portrait that portrays a man using a side-parting and sitting on a stone bridge sold for GBP 10 000.
"I am very pleased. I thought they would go for between GBP 5-6 000. As works of art, they are hardly Picasso. You can take a view of Adolf Hitler and his prowess as an artist but I don't think anybody would agree he was in the first rank, by any means", Richard Westwood-Brookes, from Mullock's, said.
- » IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST at HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » The "Hidden Letters" Project in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Strange Treasure Next to the Great Pyramid at Giza
- » What is Included in this Year's "World Theater in Sofia?"
- » You can Volunteer to Star in a Film in Plovdiv
- » New Location for the Spring Book Fair 2018