Adolf Hitler Paintings Sold for EUR 100 000
The UK Mullock's Art Auctioneers sold Wednesday a series of watercolors thought to be painted by Adolf Hitler for over EUR 100 000.
The 13 works were mostly landscapes and were found earlier in 2009 in a garage. Several of the paintings, which are mainly landscapes, are signed "A. Hitler" in the corner.
A work that appears to be a self-portrait that portrays a man using a side-parting and sitting on a stone bridge sold for GBP 10 000.
"I am very pleased. I thought they would go for between GBP 5-6 000. As works of art, they are hardly Picasso. You can take a view of Adolf Hitler and his prowess as an artist but I don't think anybody would agree he was in the first rank, by any means", Richard Westwood-Brookes, from Mullock's, said.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October