Hundreds Rally in Sofia in Remembrance of Double Murder Victims
Several hundred took part in a rally Wednesday to remember the two young Bulgarians who were killed before the Solo Club in downtown Sofia on April 18.
The rally started at the Slavia Stadium where the young hockey player Vazharov used to play, and reached the site of the double murder in front of the Solo Club.
Earlier Wednesday night the Sofia City Court ruled to keep behind bars the suspected murderer, the 22-year-old Iliyan Todorov, as the investigation of the case is still under way.
The 21-year-old Vasil Alexandrov, and 24-year-old Kiril Vazharov were killed in a fight between two allegedly drunk groups of young people in front of "Solo" club in downtown Sofia around 4 a.m. Saturday, police officials reported.
Both men were stabbed in the back while trying to get away from the fight. Vazharov was a goal keeper for Bulgaria's national ice hockey team.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod