Hundreds Rally in Sofia in Remembrance of Double Murder Victims
Several hundred took part in a rally Wednesday to remember the two young Bulgarians who were killed before the Solo Club in downtown Sofia on April 18.
The rally started at the Slavia Stadium where the young hockey player Vazharov used to play, and reached the site of the double murder in front of the Solo Club.
Earlier Wednesday night the Sofia City Court ruled to keep behind bars the suspected murderer, the 22-year-old Iliyan Todorov, as the investigation of the case is still under way.
The 21-year-old Vasil Alexandrov, and 24-year-old Kiril Vazharov were killed in a fight between two allegedly drunk groups of young people in front of "Solo" club in downtown Sofia around 4 a.m. Saturday, police officials reported.
Both men were stabbed in the back while trying to get away from the fight. Vazharov was a goal keeper for Bulgaria's national ice hockey team.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna