Bulgaria Jails 2 Men for Abduction, Blackmail
Two Bulgarian men have been found guilty of the abduction and blackmail of a Jordanian national seven years ago and sentenced to seven years in prison.
Sofia City Court sent to jail Yanko Vatashki and Ivo Metodiev and pronounced the third defendant Dimitar Vassilev not guilty.
The two men are accused of kidnapping Mohammed Atti in 2002 and forcefully keeping him locked at a caravan at the village of Nikolaevo. The defendants tortured the Jordanian national for days on end in a bid to get a ransom of USD 200,000.
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)
- » Police Chief in Plovdiv Detained on Suspicion for Involvement in Telephone Fraud
- » Bulgarian Crooks who Posed as Masters Games Athletes Jailed 8 Months For Bank Fraud