Bulgaria Jails 2 Men for Abduction, Blackmail
Two Bulgarian men have been found guilty of the abduction and blackmail of a Jordanian national seven years ago and sentenced to seven years in prison.
Sofia City Court sent to jail Yanko Vatashki and Ivo Metodiev and pronounced the third defendant Dimitar Vassilev not guilty.
The two men are accused of kidnapping Mohammed Atti in 2002 and forcefully keeping him locked at a caravan at the village of Nikolaevo. The defendants tortured the Jordanian national for days on end in a bid to get a ransom of USD 200,000.
- » Thief has Returned a Cello Worth 1.3 Million Euros
- » Three Suicide Bombers took 18 Lives in Nigeria
- » Five Police Cars Chased a Bulgarian Woman Driving 200 km / h. in Italy
- » Bulgarian Couple 'Executed' in Southern Suburbs Home in Cape Town
- » The Police in Argentina Seized Nearly 10 Tons of Marijuana Worth $ 20 million
- » Greece is Investigating the Death of a Bulgarian in Serres