Bulgaria Jails 2 Men for Abduction, Blackmail
Two Bulgarian men have been found guilty of the abduction and blackmail of a Jordanian national seven years ago and sentenced to seven years in prison.
Sofia City Court sent to jail Yanko Vatashki and Ivo Metodiev and pronounced the third defendant Dimitar Vassilev not guilty.
The two men are accused of kidnapping Mohammed Atti in 2002 and forcefully keeping him locked at a caravan at the village of Nikolaevo. The defendants tortured the Jordanian national for days on end in a bid to get a ransom of USD 200,000.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs