Bulgaria Church Delegation to Bring Holy Easter Fire from Jerusalem
A delegation of clergymen from the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is expected to land at Sofia Airport in the evening on Holy Saturday bringing the Holy Easter Fire from Jerusalem.
The plane with the holly fire will land first in the Black Sea coast city of Varna, than in the second biggest city of Plovdiv, and finally in the capital Sofia.
The Bulgarian clergymen will attend a service at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, where the Holy Fire descends from the sky every year on Holy Saturday. The Holy Fire is believed to appear only before the Orthodox Easter. It is believed to be non-material in the first few minutes of its occurrence - it does not emit warmth.
According to the Orthodox Church, its appearance cannot be explained scientifically. Thus, the Holy Easter Fire is believed to be one of the great miracles of the world. It appears after the prayer of the Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem.
The transfer of the Holy Fire from Jerusalem to Bulgaria is taking place for the fifth consecutive year.
The fire will be brought to the St. Alexander Nevksi Cathedral in Sofia thirty minutes before midnight on Saturday.
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition
- » Sofia Hosts International Literary Festival for Children and Youngsters
- » Rapper Kendrick Lamar Wins Pulitzer Prize
- » Three New Bands at the HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » 14th Edition of the European Museum Night will Take Place on May 19th
- » Master of Art Film Festival Features 77 Titles from Around the World