Bulgaria Police Busts Crime Boss' Ring
An action against alleged criminals from the closest circle around the notorious Zlatomir Ivanov AKA Zlatko Baretata (The Barret) is being conducted all over Bulgaria.
The information was revealed Thursday by the Interior Ministry's press center.
Four individuals have been arrested so far - two in the Black Sea city of Varna, one in Sofia and one in the Western town of Pernik.
Police sources further inform the four have criminal records and are known drug dealers.
A total of nearly 20 residencies have been raided just in the capital Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov is currently behind bars after the Sofia Appellate Court imposed in February permanent detention on him, affirming the earlier decision of the Sofia City Court.
The magistrates stated it was very likely Ivanov would commit again the crimes he is charged with - drug trafficking and murders for hire.
Baretata was arrested on February 6, after the Sofia City Prosecutor issued a call for a state-wide search for him because he failed to appear at the Prosecutor's Office as mandated by a summon.
Baretata is, allegedly, linked to two murders for hire and three attempted murders.
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)
- » Police Chief in Plovdiv Detained on Suspicion for Involvement in Telephone Fraud
- » Bulgarian Crooks who Posed as Masters Games Athletes Jailed 8 Months For Bank Fraud