Bulgaria Police Busts Crime Boss' Ring
An action against alleged criminals from the closest circle around the notorious Zlatomir Ivanov AKA Zlatko Baretata (The Barret) is being conducted all over Bulgaria.
The information was revealed Thursday by the Interior Ministry's press center.
Four individuals have been arrested so far - two in the Black Sea city of Varna, one in Sofia and one in the Western town of Pernik.
Police sources further inform the four have criminal records and are known drug dealers.
A total of nearly 20 residencies have been raided just in the capital Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov is currently behind bars after the Sofia Appellate Court imposed in February permanent detention on him, affirming the earlier decision of the Sofia City Court.
The magistrates stated it was very likely Ivanov would commit again the crimes he is charged with - drug trafficking and murders for hire.
Baretata was arrested on February 6, after the Sofia City Prosecutor issued a call for a state-wide search for him because he failed to appear at the Prosecutor's Office as mandated by a summon.
Baretata is, allegedly, linked to two murders for hire and three attempted murders.
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs
- » Shooting at Corsica Airport, One Killed and Two Others Injured