Prominent Veliko Tarnovo Lawyer Shot in Broad Daylight
Petar Lupov, a well-know lawyer from the Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo was shot dead Wednesday.
Lupov was killed in his garage, not far away from his house, on the Veliko Tarnovo's "Bulgaria" boulevard.
The lawyer was found dead in his automobile.
There have been two previous attempts on Lupov's life in the summer of last year. The lawyer was attacked and beaten in his office by a unidentified assailant in July while just one month later his car was set on fire and totaled.
Lupov's name is connected with the defense team for a group of shareholders of the former "Trakya Bank" - Plovdiv against the DZI Bank.
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
- » Controversial Bulgarian Judge Dismissed