US Plane Crashes into Montana Cemetery Killing 17
A plane has crashed in the northern US state of Montana, killing at least 17 people on board, officials say.
The light aircraft went down in a cemetery as it approached the airport in the town of Butte, the BBC reported early Monday.
"I did speak to one eyewitness who said he saw the plane approaching from the west and nosedive into the Holy Cross cemetery just short of the airport here in Butte," said Pat Ryan, from The Montana Standard.
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said children were among the victims, they were reported to be going on a children's ski trip. There were no survivors.
The pilot was flying from Oroville, California, when he diverted to Butte, the FAA said. He tried to land but crashed 500ft (150m) from the airport.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- » Musk: Zuckerberg's Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence is Limited
- » European Court of Justice Keeps Hamas on EU Terror List
- » The Pentagon gave Millions to a Non-existent Police Station
- » Russia has Sent Google More Requests to Remove Information than all other Countries Combined
- » Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu: ' Dialogue Between Turkey and EU Needs to Continue'
- » Lockheed Martin Will Build an Orbital Lunar Station