US Plane Crashes into Montana Cemetery Killing 17
A plane has crashed in the northern US state of Montana, killing at least 17 people on board, officials say.
The light aircraft went down in a cemetery as it approached the airport in the town of Butte, the BBC reported early Monday.
"I did speak to one eyewitness who said he saw the plane approaching from the west and nosedive into the Holy Cross cemetery just short of the airport here in Butte," said Pat Ryan, from The Montana Standard.
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said children were among the victims, they were reported to be going on a children's ski trip. There were no survivors.
The pilot was flying from Oroville, California, when he diverted to Butte, the FAA said. He tried to land but crashed 500ft (150m) from the airport.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected
- » Spain Investigates ex-IMF Chief on Fraud, Money Laundering Allegations