US Plane Crashes into Montana Cemetery Killing 17
A plane has crashed in the northern US state of Montana, killing at least 17 people on board, officials say.
The light aircraft went down in a cemetery as it approached the airport in the town of Butte, the BBC reported early Monday.
"I did speak to one eyewitness who said he saw the plane approaching from the west and nosedive into the Holy Cross cemetery just short of the airport here in Butte," said Pat Ryan, from The Montana Standard.
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said children were among the victims, they were reported to be going on a children's ski trip. There were no survivors.
The pilot was flying from Oroville, California, when he diverted to Butte, the FAA said. He tried to land but crashed 500ft (150m) from the airport.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece
- » Ankara-Moscow Relations Won't Fall Victim to Russian Warplane Downing - Turkish Deputy PM
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel Regime with Turkey from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service