Bulgarian Politicians Make Emergency Landing in Vienna
An Austrian Airlines (AUA) Boeing 737-800 bound for Sofia and carrying Bulgarian politicians on board, made an emergency landing at Vienna International Airport Friday afternoon.
AUA spokeswoman Livia Dandrea-Böhm said the pilot had turned back a few minutes after taking off at VIA because of smoke in the aircraft's cabin.
AUA flight OS 797 took off at 1:47pm and made "a fully problem-free" landing back at VIA at 1:52pm.
All passengers will be flown to Sofia on a substitute AUA aircraft during the afternoon.
"There was no panic aboard the plane and we didn't feel like our lives were threatened,"Bulgaria's Deputy Economy Minister Nina Radeva, who is among the passengers aboard, told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
- » Bulgaria Dropped 20 Positions in World Press Freedom Index in 2 Years