Bulgarian Politicians Make Emergency Landing in Vienna
An Austrian Airlines (AUA) Boeing 737-800 bound for Sofia and carrying Bulgarian politicians on board, made an emergency landing at Vienna International Airport Friday afternoon.
AUA spokeswoman Livia Dandrea-Böhm said the pilot had turned back a few minutes after taking off at VIA because of smoke in the aircraft's cabin.
AUA flight OS 797 took off at 1:47pm and made "a fully problem-free" landing back at VIA at 1:52pm.
All passengers will be flown to Sofia on a substitute AUA aircraft during the afternoon.
"There was no panic aboard the plane and we didn't feel like our lives were threatened,"Bulgaria's Deputy Economy Minister Nina Radeva, who is among the passengers aboard, told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Now Married
- » More than 100 Killed in Cuba Plane Crash
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed