Bulgaria MP Predicts Scandal over Massive Fraud at Customs Agency.
Yanev spoke Sunday during an exclusive interview for the Darik "Propaganda" talk show.
The MP stated that in the upcoming week he was going to reveal the identity of a high ranking Customs agent who was involved in abuse of power.
According to Yanev, the signals about the scam have been received as early as November, but no one in the country had done anything about them. Yanev stated that the perpetrator has been exposed by the German Customs Intelligence Services.
When asked how he was able to obtain the information, the MP said he had won the trust of citizens, including those working in the State and Municipal Administration, who came to him, certain he would preserve their anonymity.
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » Government Approved Additional Funds Up to BGN 19 970 000 to Repair 15 MiG-29 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgaria has One of the Strongest Employment Growth Rates in the EU for the Quarter
- » Alabama Chose a Democratic Senator for the First Time in 25 Years
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » Putin may Come to Bulgaria, but it will not be on the 3rd of March
well lets wait and see.. probably in a few days it will be proved to be true anyway. going by past experiences i say the chances are high that corruption in customs is ripe. sofia currently is flooded with cheap chinese goods and items made in Turkey, how is this possible when we are part of the Eu and half the stuff is not even safe?