Bulgaria MP Predicts Scandal over Massive Fraud at Customs Agency.
Yanev spoke Sunday during an exclusive interview for the Darik "Propaganda" talk show.
The MP stated that in the upcoming week he was going to reveal the identity of a high ranking Customs agent who was involved in abuse of power.
According to Yanev, the signals about the scam have been received as early as November, but no one in the country had done anything about them. Yanev stated that the perpetrator has been exposed by the German Customs Intelligence Services.
When asked how he was able to obtain the information, the MP said he had won the trust of citizens, including those working in the State and Municipal Administration, who came to him, certain he would preserve their anonymity.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
well lets wait and see.. probably in a few days it will be proved to be true anyway. going by past experiences i say the chances are high that corruption in customs is ripe. sofia currently is flooded with cheap chinese goods and items made in Turkey, how is this possible when we are part of the Eu and half the stuff is not even safe?