Bulgaria MP Predicts Scandal over Massive Fraud at Customs Agency.
Yanev spoke Sunday during an exclusive interview for the Darik "Propaganda" talk show.
The MP stated that in the upcoming week he was going to reveal the identity of a high ranking Customs agent who was involved in abuse of power.
According to Yanev, the signals about the scam have been received as early as November, but no one in the country had done anything about them. Yanev stated that the perpetrator has been exposed by the German Customs Intelligence Services.
When asked how he was able to obtain the information, the MP said he had won the trust of citizens, including those working in the State and Municipal Administration, who came to him, certain he would preserve their anonymity.
- » Serbian President Alexander Vucic will be on a Working Visit to Bulgaria Tomorrow
- » Prime Ministers Boyko Borissov and Victor Orban Called For Reliable EU Border Protection
- » Merkel Calls for Europe to Step Up to Global Challenges
- » Boyko Borisov will have Dinner with European Leaders at Hertoginnedal Castle near Brussels
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan
- » Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia will Develop a Strategic Partnership
well lets wait and see.. probably in a few days it will be proved to be true anyway. going by past experiences i say the chances are high that corruption in customs is ripe. sofia currently is flooded with cheap chinese goods and items made in Turkey, how is this possible when we are part of the Eu and half the stuff is not even safe?