Sofia Mayor Borisov: Europe Is Trapped by Snow, Sofia Is Clean to Asphalt
Borisov announced that most of the boulevards and major thoroughfares were clean, but the snow drifts made the situation very difficult. The Mayor stressed that the snow has been cleaned all through the night and all equipment was on the streets while the activities of the concession company in charge of the cleaning were monitored round the clock.
"I am not counting snow plows; I am looking at how much has been cleaned. There is no supernatural force that could blow the snow away. We have been up all night monitoring the cleaning. It was a terrible blizzard, but despite it, this morning we were ready and main roads were open and public transportation moving. Europe is blocked, the country is blocked, and Sofia is cleaned to asphalt," Borisov is quoted as saying.
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Navalny will be Able to Run for Office in Russia after 2028
- » Trump Gave an Improptu Press Conference at the White House Rose Garden
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture
what a big mouth this Boyko, i agree with fishbrain, i live in lozenetz and you can hardly walk, of course i saw this morning 2 city workers with one kg of salt each spreding the stairs. Lets hope weather will get warmer so people around here can use their cars.
super boiko cleaned 3 mains streets while the rest of the city is deep in snow... you go 200m pass vitosha bld and you cannot walk on any side street.. lozenetz is completely covered in snow... so what did he clean i want to know?
super boiko is all talk and lots of snow