Sofia Mayor Borisov: Europe Is Trapped by Snow, Sofia Is Clean to Asphalt
Borisov announced that most of the boulevards and major thoroughfares were clean, but the snow drifts made the situation very difficult. The Mayor stressed that the snow has been cleaned all through the night and all equipment was on the streets while the activities of the concession company in charge of the cleaning were monitored round the clock.
"I am not counting snow plows; I am looking at how much has been cleaned. There is no supernatural force that could blow the snow away. We have been up all night monitoring the cleaning. It was a terrible blizzard, but despite it, this morning we were ready and main roads were open and public transportation moving. Europe is blocked, the country is blocked, and Sofia is cleaned to asphalt," Borisov is quoted as saying.
- » Bea ten Tusscher is the New Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » The Neighborhood and Friendship Agreement Between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria Will be Ratified in January
- » The IMF Supports Bulgaria's Efforts to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room
- » Putin will Give his Annual Press Conference (Live Stream)
- » MPs Оvercame the Veto of President Rumen Radev on the Мoratorium on New Мedicines
what a big mouth this Boyko, i agree with fishbrain, i live in lozenetz and you can hardly walk, of course i saw this morning 2 city workers with one kg of salt each spreding the stairs. Lets hope weather will get warmer so people around here can use their cars.
super boiko cleaned 3 mains streets while the rest of the city is deep in snow... you go 200m pass vitosha bld and you cannot walk on any side street.. lozenetz is completely covered in snow... so what did he clean i want to know?
super boiko is all talk and lots of snow