New Winter Sports Center Opens in Bulgaria's Mountain Resort Chepelare

Business | January 7, 2009, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
  • Send to Kindle
Bulgaria New Winter Sports Center Opens in Bulgaria's Mountain Resort Chepelare: New Winter Sports Center Opens in Bulgaria's Mountain Resort Chepelare Bulgaria's Olympic gold winner Katya Dafovska and the three bears are the official patrons of the new sports center in Chepelare. Photo by Prime Time Agency

A new sports center with 20 km of ski tracks and a new ski lift was opened Wednesday in Bulgaria's resort town of Chepelare, which is located in the Rhodoppe Mountains.

The Chepelare Sports Center was opened by Ekaterina Dafovska, Bulgaria's gold medalist in biathlon from the 1998 Nagano Olympics, who is also a native of Chepelare. It is equipped with the latest system for making artificial snow, and with free wireless Internet.

The Center's lift has the capacity to transport 2 000 people per hour on a distrance of 2,7 km, which takes it nine minutes.

About EUR 10 M have been invested in the various facilities of the Chepelare Sports Center so far. The total investments in the resort complex are expected to reach EUR 50 M in a few years as facilities for summer sports will also be constructed.

The investor in the complex is a public-private partnership called Chepelare Kurort Jsc. The Chepelare Municipaly has a share of 49%, whereas the other 51% are owned by the private consortium Ropodska Initsiativa ("Rhodoppe Initiative") Jsc.
Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)
Bulgaria news Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria