Bulgarian PM Refuses to Comment on Hezbollah Allegations
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has refused to comment on the report that his country has blamed Hezbollah for last year's terror attack in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The report that Bulgaria had blamed Hezbollah for the Burgas bus bombing was made by the Israeli TV Channel 2 in the aftermath of news that Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, has been on a visit to Israel. It was claimed that Mladenov presented a report that confirmed Hezbollah's involvement in the terror attack.
However, Borisov said on Friday that no such report exists.
"There has been a significant progress in the investigation," the Prime Minister told the Bulgarian National Radio, adding that he has not authorized any of his ministers to speak on the issue.
"Official statements or comments may be made once undeniable evidence has been discovered," he declared.
"I will not comment on what media have said."
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has also denied the rumor that the country has blamed Hezbollah for the Burgas bus bombing.
The bombing at the Burgas airport killed 5 Israeli tourists, their Bulgarian bus driver and the perpetrator of the attack.
While Israel blamed Hezbollah and its sponsor Iran for the attack, the Bulgarians have not yet issued their final report on the matter.
The conclusions of the report are expected to have a significant impact on whether the EU finally adds Hezbollah to its list of terrorist organizations, something the US has already done and which Israel has been pushing for more than a decade. Such a move could lead to the freezing of Hezbollah's assets in Europe.
All rights reserved, 2001-2013 (c) Novinite Ltd.
You are permitted to use any of the articles in this message only if you kindly quote the source - Sofia News Agency (novinite.com).