George Papandreou, the Greek prime minister, will pay a visit to the Bulgarian capital Sofia on July 27, which is expected to be crucial for the future of the stalled Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline project, the foreign ministry has announced.
The Austrian energy company EVN and the Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) are considering several scenarios in the development of the Gorna Arda hydropower station, the companies announced.
The establishing of the Bulgaria-Turkey natural gas pipeline should become the first functioning part of the EU project for the Nabucco pipeline, believes Bulgaria's Economy Minister Traikov.
The chair of the Bulgarian State Commission for Energy Regulation (DKEVR), Angel Semerdzhiev, has forecasted a decrease by minimum 10% for the price for natural gas from October.
Austrian energy company EVN is going to own 70% of the Gorna Arda hydropower station to be constructed in south-eastern Bulgaria, the other 30% remaining in Bulgaria's National Electric Company.
The Gorna Arda hydropower plant project is extremely important for the development of the region of south-eastern Bulgaria, said Bulgarian PM upon the joining of Austrian energy giant EVN in the venture Monday evening in Vienna.
The Bulgarian National Electrical Company and Austrian energy giant EVN stroke a deal Monday over the construction and exploitation of stalled Gorna Arda hydropower project in south-eastern Bulgaria.
Environmental activists offered constructive criticism for Bulgaria's official Energy Strategy at a public discussion held at Bulgaria's Parliament Monday.
Greece’s prime minister is planning a diplomatic initiative in order to “revive” the stalled Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline project in which his country is a partner together with Bulgaria and Russia, media reports say.
The Bulgarian Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) have requested a meeting with the Energy Minister Traicho Traikov in order to discuss the energy negotiations between Bulgaria and Russia.
Two days after Bulgaria and Russia agreed on a road map for the South Stream gas pipe, the leader of Bulgaria's biggest right-wing party has warned of the project huge funding problems and what these could mean for the country.
Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister, Traicho Traikov, says the Bulgarian energy marker is entirely depending on Russia's as far as natural gas deliveries are concerned.
The construction of Gorna Arda hydropower project in southern Bulgaria is likely to be resumed in the autumn, a local daily reported, citing insiders.
Russia's Gazprom has denied reports that it has invited German utility RWE to join its South Stream gas pipeline project, it emerged over the weekend.
An agreement over the construction of Gorna Arda hydropower project in southern Bulgaria, between Austria's energy firm EVN and Bulgaria's dominant state power utility NEK will be on the agenda during the visit of the prime minister in Vienna.
The European Commission has proposed that from 2013 the European industry should buy approximately half of the quotas for greenhouse gas emission, which currently receives for free.
Recent success in gaining favorable conditions for the import of Russian gas are important, but in no way eliminate energy dependence from Russia, Bulgarian minister of economy and energy Traicho Traikov.
The negotiations with Russia to lower the prices of natural gas for Bulgaria have been successful, Bulgaria's Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, informs.
Bulgaria and Russia have signed the so-called road map for the Russian gas line "South Stream" in Bulgaria, the Bulgarian news agency BTA reported Saturday.
Talks on the prices of Russian gas to Bulgaria and the future joint South Stream gas pipeline project continue Saturday in the Euxinograd state residence near Bulgaria's Black Sea capital of Varna.
Russia and Bulgaria will create a joint company for the execution of the South Stream gas pipeline project, announced Bulgarian energy minister Traikov Friday after negotiations with a Russian delegation headed by his Russian counterpart Shmatko.
Dimitar Berbatov Contender for 'Goal of the Season'
South Korean Ferry Captain Abandoned Sinking Vessel
Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News."
Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria.
Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper.