Sanatorium Evacuated in Bulgaria after Prank Bomb Alert
A letter saying that both of the facility's buildings were rigged with plastic explosives triggered a high alert in the local police department.
The anonymous letter, received December 1, said the bombs would go off at noon the same day, and police rushed everyone out.
Thorough checks turned up no explosives and people were allowed to continue their treatment.
- » Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
- » Tax Crimes in Bulgaria on the Rise
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website