KING`S TEAM AND UDF IN A PUBLIC DEBATE
Politics | June 11, 2001, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
King`s economic team held a public debate with government representatives from ruling UDF coalition, broadcasted on Channel 1 of National Television. Bulgaria`s economic development after the elections June 17, was discussed. The debate was the last phase of the preliminary campaign for explanation of post-election economic policy of political powers. Tax policy, pension reform, healthcare, foreign debt, privatization deals were among the topics discussed. US investment bank `Morgan Stanley` expected after the elections reforms in the country to be speeded up and evaluated the King`s economic program as encouraging, bank`s experts announced last week. `Morgan Stanley` anticipates the increase of Bulgaria`s credit rating after the elections. Deutsche Bank forecast is the same – the rating agencies are going to examine closely the economic policy of the new government before raise the credit rating of the country. Launch of negotiations with IMF and World Bank are prerequisites for higher credit rating, experts from Deutsche bank said. Some other investment and credit institutions are deeply worried for the political stability of the country after the general elections June 17.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other
- » The Sofia Municipality Plans to Continue the Subway and Connect it to Simeonovski Lift
- » The Calvert Journal: Bulgaria’s Buzludzha Monument Opens its Doors for the First Time in 8 Years
- » More than 65% of Sofia Residents are not Satisfied with the Cleanliness of the City
- » Macedonia Gives Up Paper Money
- » The Guardian: Sweden Distributes 'Be Prepared for War' Leaflet to all 4.8m Homes
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)