PRESIDENT STOYANOV STATEMENT COMMENTED
Politics | June 8, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The ruling United of Democratic Forces (UDF) will support the intention of President Petar Stoyanov to run for second mandate in the autumn presidential elections as an independent candidate. The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MRF) is going to see the results from the parliamentary elections before declaring its position, and the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) said they couldn`t perceive Stoyanov as an independent candidate. On Thursday, President Stoyanov delivered an address saying he has decided to put forth his candidacy because he cannot remain idle in the face of a real danger all achievements to be squandered in the name of beautiful promises and illusions. Stoyanov is the most successful president in our history and undoubtedly has made a tremendous contribution to Bulgaria`s achievements in the past four years, UDF Deputy Chairperson and Foreign Minister, Nadezhda Mihailova said. Stoyanov`s decision to run for a second term in office as an independent candidate is a guarantee for Bulgaria`s stability in the next couple of years. Several politicians, UDF Regional Council Chairman, Evgenii Bakurdjiev, Sofia Mayor, Stefan Sofiyanski, Deputy Euro-Left Chairperson Petya Shopova, Peter Korumbashev and Lyuben Dilov Jr. (VMRO-Gergyovden coalition), rallied behind that stand.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Gen. Dunford: The US Loses its Military Superiority over Russia and China
- » The Czech President Predicts Russia in the EU
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)