SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL REASSURED NATO ALLY TURKEY ON DECEMBER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Secretary of State Colin Powell reassured NATO ally Turkey on December 5th that the United States had no immediate plans to extend its "war on terrorism" to Turkey's southeastern neighbor Iraq. "The president has made no decision with respect to what the next phase in our campaign against terrorism might be...nor has he received any recommendations yet from his advisors as to what he might do next," Powell said, quoted by Reuters at a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ismail Cem. Powell is on a 10-nation tour aimed at shoring up support for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Mugabe Given Less Than 24h to Quit as President of Zimbabwe
- » Britain to Submit 'Brexit Bill' Proposal Before December EU Meeting
- » US General Says He Would Resist 'Illegal' Trump Nuclear Strike Order
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)