SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL REASSURED NATO ALLY TURKEY ON DECEMBER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Secretary of State Colin Powell reassured NATO ally Turkey on December 5th that the United States had no immediate plans to extend its "war on terrorism" to Turkey's southeastern neighbor Iraq. "The president has made no decision with respect to what the next phase in our campaign against terrorism might be...nor has he received any recommendations yet from his advisors as to what he might do next," Powell said, quoted by Reuters at a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ismail Cem. Powell is on a 10-nation tour aimed at shoring up support for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Prime Minister of New Zealand goes on Maternity Leave
- » At the End of 2017, China's Population Grew to 1.39 billion
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
- » Syrian Government to Attend U.N. Talks in Vienna: U.N. Deputy Envoy
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)