AFGHAN FRACTIONS NAMED PASHTUN TRIBAL LEADER HAMID KARZAI AS THE INTER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Afghan fractions named Pashtun tribal leader Hamid Karzai as the interim administrator for the transitional government, which will include two women. The agreement, crafted by U.N. special envoy Lakhdar Brahimi and four Afghan factions, was signed at a hotel near Bonn shortly after 10 a.m. (0900 GMT.)German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder and Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer were present at the ceremony.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)