MINISTER DISCUSSES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN BRUSSELS
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
On the second day of his visit to Brussels, Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov met his Belgian counterpart Antoine Duquesne, the Interior Ministry press office announced. Petkanov supported support the initiative of the Belgian Presidency of the EU against illegal migration and trafficking people. The two officials discussed the cooperation possibilities for the EU member states and membership candidates in fighting terrorism. Petkanov also briefed his counterpart on the special programme of economic and social measures adopted by the Bulgarian government in connection with the illegal migration from Bulgaria. Antoine Duquesne praised the resolve and consistency of the Bulgarian authorities and the recent visa-related decisions it has taken with regard to its neighboring countries. He promised to call for EU money release to help Bulgaria fight all forms of illegal trafficking.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Nicolas Maduro Won a New Presidential Term in Venezuela
- » Russia Poses no threat to Baltic Republics - Czech Officials
- » Putin and Merkel Talk In Sochi about Iran, Ukraine and Nord Stream 2
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » Telephone Scammers Took Nearly 45,000 Leva from an 80-year-old Woman (Shumen)
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)