DUTCHWOMAN REQUESTS ASYLUM IN BULGARIA
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A Dutchwoman may request sanctuary from Bulgaria, BTA reported. Marika Kok, 43, told journalists that she left the Netherlands since the society there is intolerant towards her Islam faith. She also said that she fears for her life and for her two children in spite of the fact that she is Dutch. Kok`s problems started when she stated in public that she understands the terrorists who organized the assaults in New York and Washington. According to her, the tragedy in New York took place because of the cruel attitude towards the poor in the world and the victims of the American bombings in different countries. Her Dutch neighbors back home incited their dogs against her and her children. Afterwards, they attempted to put on fire her house. Kok took her children and set off for Istanbul by train. During the traveling, her money finished and she went off the train at the Russe Central Station. She stays in an orphanage together with her children.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Only 7 People Can Call Donald Trump Directly
- » Bulgarian Railways Continue to Accumulate Losses
- » Nicolas Maduro Won a New Presidential Term in Venezuela
- » Russia Poses no threat to Baltic Republics - Czech Officials
- » Putin and Merkel Talk In Sochi about Iran, Ukraine and Nord Stream 2
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)