National Library Plans to Attract Young Readers via Digitisation
Digitisation and easing the access to the book stock are key priorities for attracting young readers, Tsvetanka Tomova, Programmes and Projects expert at the National Library, told Focus Radio.
The library is planning a series of activities this summer, including a programme for its 140th anniversary. Tsvetanka Tomova spoke about the work on various projects, such as creating an accessible environment for disadvantaged visitors and staff, a restoration of the lab and the purchase of modern digitisation techniques, and a contemporary presentation of the book heritage with virtual exhibitions and holographic books to attract young people.
Meanwhile, the storage conditions in the library are still not in line with the requirements. The main tasks involve improvements to obsolete building parts, especially the roof, the expert said.
- » IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST at HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » The "Hidden Letters" Project in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Strange Treasure Next to the Great Pyramid at Giza
- » What is Included in this Year's "World Theater in Sofia?"
- » You can Volunteer to Star in a Film in Plovdiv
- » New Location for the Spring Book Fair 2018