Dozens Injured in Train Accident in Austria
Up to 40 people were injured, most of them lightly, when two train carriages collided in the Austrian city of Salzburg on Friday, rescuers and the rail company said.
"Shortly before the departure of the train, which links Zurich to Vienna, two carriages collided for unknown reasons," fire service official Reinhold Ortler told O1 radio.
A spokesman for Austria's national rail company OBB said 35 to 40 people were injured in the night train accident.
The Red Cross said most of the wounded had only suffered light injuries.
The train was not moving and the accident occurred as two carriages were being coupled together./ www.enca.com
- » A Child Died After Falling into an Unsafe Wastewater Shaft in Sliven
- » Mass Fight with Hundreds of People in Plovdiv
- » Rumour about Contaminated Water in Sofia Caused Panic
- » More than 100 Killed in Cuba Plane Crash
- » Bulgarian Died in the United States, he Slipped while Climbing a Mountain Slope
- » The Authorities are Investigating the Crash between Train and Bus in Simeonovgrad