Eurostat: Bulgaria Provided Asylum mainly to Syrians in 2017
Last year, 90 per cent of asylum-seekers in Bulgaria were Syrians, according to Eurostat data provided by the European Commission.
A total of 1530 Syrian citizens have received protection in our country, as well as 110 Iraqis and two stateless persons. In Bulgaria last year 1705 approvals were issued for applications for international protection, 800 of which were for asylum. Of 4740 applications last year, Bulgaria approved 1695 or 36 per cent.
In the EU in 2017, 538,120 foreigners received protection and this is a drop by 25 per cent compared to data for 2016. 24 000 migrants were displaced from EC quotas.
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Collector from Varna Gathered 21 000 Tickets for Public Transport
- » BGN 2340 per Month are Needed for or a Normal Life of a Family of Four in Bulgaria
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement