Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale was registered in the southern Iranian province of Bushehr, there is a nuclear power plant nearby, Reuters reported, referring to state television.
According to the Geophysical Institute of the United States, the quake was 5.5 magnitude. It is registered this morning about 100 kilometers east of the town of Bushehr, according to Associated Press.
Near the city is Bushehr NPP - the only nuclear power plant in Iran. State TV did not report damage to the headquarters.
So far there is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
The earthquake was felt in Bahrain and other parts in the Persian Gulf.
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life on a volcano: Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii Have Intensified (VIDEO)