UK Broadcast Regulator to Investigate RT
UK broadcast regulator Ofcom has opened seven new investigations into the due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes on the RT news channel.
The investigations form part of an Ofcom update into the licences held by TV Novosti, the company that broadcasts RT.
Until recently, TV Novosti’s overall compliance record has not been materially out of line with other broadcasters, says Ofcom.
However, since the events in Salisbury, it has observed a significant increase in the number of programmes on the RT service that warrant investigation as potential breaches of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Ofcom will announce the outcome of these investigations as soon as possible. In relation to its fit and proper duty, it will consider all relevant new evidence, including the outcome of these investigations and the future conduct of the licensee.
- » Famous French Director and Producer Luc Besson Accused of Rape
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » А Visa Agreement between Bulgaria and Algeria