Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
Alexander Zverev and Grigor Dimitrov both recovered from slow starts to book their places in the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday.
Third seed Zverev was a set down against Giles Muller before recovering strongly in the second and third sets for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory.
Outside of a bad patch at the end of the first set where he got broken twice, Zverev had the measure of his opponent, and was the deserved winner in the end.
Likewise, fourth seed Dimitrov found himself in a hole against local favourite Pierre-Hugues Herbert, but also managed to turn the tables to clinch a 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 win.
Like Zverev, he was broken twice in the first set before managing to gain the upper hand and coast to a fairly comfortable victory against Andrey Rublev.
Also in action was Belgian sixth seed David Goffin, who defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas 7-6 (7-4), 7-5, and Austrian fifth seed Dominic Thiem, another player who took his time to get going before going on to seal a 5-7, 7-5, 7-5 victory.
Other winners on the day included Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano Lopez, Fabio Fognini, Richard Gasquet and Phillip Kohlschreiber.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final