Deputy PM Simeonov Suggests Partial Cancellation of the Total Ban on Smoking in Bulgaria
The NFSB nationalist party will propose a bill for a change in the Health Act to allow smoking in separate rooms, ie partially restoring the old regime.
This is what the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy Valeri Simeonov told BNT. He stressed that he was a fierce opponent of smoking, but now the prohibitions were not followed and people smoke even in parliament. Simeonov said he did not understand the meaning of limiting smoking in catering establishments.
"The law on smoking must meet the norms, but also the real needs of society, and if we want to cooperate with the business, such as the goal of the NFSB, tourist sites should let people to smoke and not persecute their clients, said Simeonov.
The bill will be presented to parliament after discussions in the OP group and with GERB. There will be a ban on smoking in certain public places such as theaters, halls, and so on.
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.
- » The Prosecutor's Office will Explain the Arrest of Mladost District Mayor