Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
Bank card payments have increased by 44% between 2014 and 2016, and their value has increased by 38%, BNB Deputy Governor Nina Stoyanova said at a forum on financial sector digitization.
According to Stoyanova, the number and value of card payments made via the POS terminal has increased by more than 20%.
BNB data also show that in 2016 over 50% of credit transfer orders were made electronically by users, which represents two thirds of the total value of all credit transfers.
- » Аverage Insurance Income For Bulgaria in February is BGN 860.14
- » China Says Trade War is 'Lose-Lose' as it Hits America with New Tariffs
- » Bulgaria Reluctant to Seek ECB Scrutiny Before Euro Entry
- » Hungary in no Rush to Join Euro Zone, Minister Says
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017