Bulgaria Will Create a New Disaster Management System
Bulgaria will set the topic for the creation of a new European disaster management system at the Summit in June. This was announced by Interior Minister Valentin Radev after a meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and the EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis ManagementChristos Stylianides.
According to the EU, Member States lost 10 billion euros from natural disasters and crises in 2016, and 200 people died in fires and floods in 2017.
Christos Stylianidis - EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management: With this new plan, we want to enhance the EU's disaster response capacity in general. With the new rescEU mechanism, our intention is for Member States to have the right to use their capabilities to deal with these situations. We have also set up funds to help countries. It will contribute to the overall strengthening and improvement of the European safety net.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.