Sofia Will Be Without Free Parking in the City Center
Sofia will be without free parking in the city center. The only non-pay zone around the National Stadium "Vasil Levski" will be closed soon and fees will be introduced. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Sofia Municipal Council.
''The place is full of cars, we have to limit this indiscriminate parking. We need to provide a normal movement to the park.'' This is what commented on "The day begins" Nikolay Stoynev, importer of the proposal.
''There will be no more than 100 parking spaces. There will be a barrier, a self-extinguishing device, security, video surveillance. The fees will be competitive, but will not be determined, taking into consideration the parking areas'', said the municipal councilor from GERB.
''We have invested heavily in the development of urban transport'', Stoynev commented, saying that people should use it as an alternative.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.