EU Commission: France to Extend Internal EU Border Checks:
France will extend border checks with countries in Europe's Schengen passport-free zone until the end of October because of the persistent threat of terrorism, the EU Commission said Wednesday, AFPreported.
"We received notification from France this week," a European Commission spokeswoman told AFP when asked if France intends to extend controls for six months beyond the current expiry date of April 30.
- » The Guardian: Sweden Distributes 'Be Prepared for War' Leaflet to all 4.8m Homes
- » Russia Poses no threat to Baltic Republics - Czech Officials
- » US Fighters have Intercepted Two Russian Strategic Bombers near Alaska
- » Near Our Border with Turkey 37 Migrants Were Caught While They Were Trying to Cross It without Any Documents
- » Karakachanov: Our Army Is Not Just For Parades
- » The Military Parade for the Celebration of the Bulgarian Army