Germany Introduces Military Uniforms for Pregnant Women
Military uniforms that can be worn throughout pregnancy are being sewn in Germany.
The order is part of the Bundeswehr's program as an employer to give equal opportunities to soldiers. This was announced by the Minister of Defense, Ursula von der Lynn.
500 uniforms of different sizes and combinations are being sewn - from combat clothing to business and wedges. Approximately 80 uniforms have been tested and evaluated, costing around 650,000 euros.
All criteria for good appearance, comfort and ventilation are met. About 2 percent of the twenty thousand serving women in the German armed forces are pregnant at a given time of the year.
- » Famous French Director and Producer Luc Besson Accused of Rape
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » А Visa Agreement between Bulgaria and Algeria