Strong Earthquake in Taiwan, no Evidence of Injuries and Damages
An earthquake of magnitude 4.8 is recorded this morning in central Taiwan.
According to the seismological service of the island, quoted by TASS, the epicenter was in Nantou County at a depth of 5.2 km.
The tremor was also felt in the cities of Taichung and the Zhanghua and Yunlin districts. There is no evidence of injuries or damages.
Taiwan is located in an active seismic zone not far from a large tectonic fault at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. In early February, in a powerful earthquake of magnitude 6 in the eastern district of Hualian, 17 people died and more than 280 were injured.
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life on a volcano: Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii Have Intensified (VIDEO)