More than 20 People were Injured in Protests in Catalonia
More than 20 people were injured in clashes between demonstrators and police in the Catalonia region of Spain during protests, news agencies reported.
Many Catalans went to the streets after yesterday the Spanish Supreme Court decided to sue 25 of the former district leaders who took measures to declare the independence of the area in the autumn of last year. They are accused of rebellion, abuse and disobedience. If convicted they would be threaten to serve 30 years in prison.
Among them is former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who escaped to Belgium in late October and is still there. Yesterday, international and European arrest warrants were issued for Puigdemont and five of his escorts who also fled the country.
- » A Child Died After Falling into an Unsafe Wastewater Shaft in Sliven
- » Mass Fight with Hundreds of People in Plovdiv
- » Rumour about Contaminated Water in Sofia Caused Panic
- » More than 100 Killed in Cuba Plane Crash
- » Bulgarian Died in the United States, he Slipped while Climbing a Mountain Slope
- » The Authorities are Investigating the Crash between Train and Bus in Simeonovgrad